Notice below posted in village kiosk on September 12, 2006.
- What suitable property other than the LLC's proposed site exists in the "preferred" area?
- Could anyone other than Pleasant Rowland and Wells College meet this 30-day solicitation?
- Is this a legitimate and fair public offiering, since it seems tailored specifically to suit Rowalnd's development corporation?
- What is meant that the property will be purchased or leased as is? Rowland intends to design and rebuild the interior to her own specifications.
- The "service and delivery area of the Aurora post office" is considerably larger than the village itself. Could a new P.O. be located outside of the village limits?
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICES
REAL ESTATE WANTED BY THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
Aurora NY 13026
The United States Postal Service is seeking to lease or purchase existing space, buildings, or building sites for the Aurora New York Main Office. The property must be of a suitable size to accommodate a building or existing space of approximately 1,400 square feet and parking for 25 vehicles, in compliance with all applicable building code and land use regulations. The property must be suitably zoned for the intended Postal Service use. The property must be located within the service and delivery area of the Aurora post office. Preference will be given to property located along Main Street between Sherwood Road and Dublin Hill Road.
Property will be purchased or leased as is. Final purchase contracts or leases will be on Postal Service forms, and will be assignable at the discretion of the Postal Service.
Respondents must be principals or their authorized representatives, including real estate brokers. Proof of ownership and/or documentation that the respondent is an authorized owner's representative will be required.
For additional information, please contact the Real Estate Specialist no later than September 30, 2006.
Real Estate Specialist
Northeast Facilities Service Office
6 Griffin Road North
Windsor CT 06006-0300
(Postmarked Sep 1, 2006)